Forum Discussions (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Java SE 7 OCA Training Lab Full Version Launched

EPractize Labs Software, an emerging global provider for Java Certification Preparation released world’s first exam study guide (Training L…

Started by Treacy Jane in Java

0 Nov 4, 2011

How do you choose a PaaS provider?

As an application platform in the Cloud, PaaS should facilitate Cloud characteristics (i.e. elastic scale, on-demand self service, resource…

Started by Chris Haddad in Java

0 Nov 3, 2011

Just compiled Apache HTTPD for Android Using Custom Toolchain

Pretty heady stuff but now you should be able to run a full apache server on your device. Currently requires root access to copy it to exec…

Started by Jackie Gleason in Dynamic Languages

0 Oct 28, 2011

Upgrade to OCP Java SE 7

Oracle offers variety of Java Certifications for all Java Editions (Java SE, Java EE and Java ME).  Oracle Certified Professional, Java S…

0 Oct 24, 2011

Java Swing/Jaxx ability to use css or skins like Flex

I switched from Java applet development to Flex about 3 years ago. At this point my Java knowledge is somewhat outdated. I see that Jaxx o…

Started by Fred Sells in Java

0 Oct 12, 2011

JavaOne 2011 highlights

JavaOne 2011 Highlights If you did not get a chance to attend J1/2011 (like me), you may be wondering what are the major happenings?Luckily…

Started by Michael Levin in Java

0 Oct 5, 2011

Sending strings between two computers via ethernet

A while ago I asked a question about using RS-232 communication with Java.  It seems as though I need to abandon that route because it no l…

Started by Paul Stearns in Java

13 Oct 5, 2011
Reply by Paul Stearns

Java Certification Preparation

Mock Exam Questions and Online Training EPractize Labs offers Training Lab (software book) that includes complete study material for all Or…

0 Sep 26, 2011

Face problem in "tetris game"

Hi to all;   I try to program " tetris game "   First i did the point about : Cube Block falling to the floor and another one appear then f…

Started by beshoy atef william in Java

0 Sep 21, 2011

Zoo Keeper

Hi All , I would like to create highly scalable web service using appche cxf and zoo keeper with spring  . If any body have any idea please…

Started by sony john in Java

0 Sep 4, 2011

RSS

Happy 10th year, JCertif!

Notes

Welcome to Codetown!

Codetown is a social network. It's got blogs, forums, groups, personal pages and more! You might think of Codetown as a funky camper van with lots of compartments for your stuff and a great multimedia system, too! Best of all, Codetown has room for all of your friends.

When you create a profile for yourself you get a personal page automatically. That's where you can be creative and do your own thing. People who want to get to know you will click on your name or picture and…
Continue

Created by Michael Levin Dec 18, 2008 at 6:56pm. Last updated by Michael Levin May 4, 2018.

Looking for Jobs or Staff?

Check out the Codetown Jobs group.

Enjoy the site? Support Codetown with your donation.

InfoQ Reading List

Presentation: Streaming Databases: Embracing the Convergence of Stream Processing and Databases

Yingjun Wu discusses the evolution of streaming databases, and the features and design principles that set streaming databases apart from conventional database systems and stream processing engines.

By Yingjun Wu

Podcast: Tips and Techniques for Improving Retrospectives

In this podcast Shane Hastie, Lead Editor for Culture & Methods spoke to Esther Derby and David Horowitz about the second edition of the Agile Retrospectives book.

By Esther Derby, David Horowitz

Slack Optimizes Internal Development and Cost Efficiency with EKS and Karpenter

Slack has recently disclosed the architecture of its internal compute orchestration platform, epitomized by "Bedrock”, based on AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) and Karpenter.

By Claudio Masolo

Jetpack Compose Extends Transitions and Animations, and Improves Performance

The latest release of Jetpack Compose, announced at Google I/O 2024, brings several extensions, including support for shared element transitions, lazy list item animations, improved performance, and more.

By Sergio De Simone

How to Build Large Scale Cyber-Physical Systems

To build large-scale safety-critical systems, we need to decompose the system into smaller solvable problems, resolve what is known, and resolve unknowns through experiments, Robin Yeman argued. She suggested investing in test environments for both software and hardware early to enable being test-driven early to increase the safety, security, reliability, and availability of the systems.

By Ben Linders