I have just created JUG-AFRICA wich will be an umbrella Java User Group (JUG) for the entire continent that country JUGs or individual JUGs can affiliate with.
Like Congo JUG, Togo JUG, RDC-JUG (Kinshasa) and Cameroon JUG are on the track to join JUG-AFRICA.
Why JUG-AFRICA ?
The idea behind JUG-AFRICA
is to allow JUGs located within Africa to collaborate globally in ways that will ultimately benefit Java developer
is intended to promote communication between JUGs across
Individual JUGs will continue to function normally. Affiliation does not in any way involve subordination of local JUGs under JUG-AFRICA
. JUG-AFRICA exists solely to serve and support the Affiliated JUGs.
Some benefits to think about :
* Help new JUGs to grow and introducing JUG Leaders to JUG-Leaders mailing list.
* Organizing regional events throughout the continent
* Searching for sponsors and speakers
* Negotiating bulk discounts (for events, books, courses, certifications etc.) which can be made available to all Affiliates.
How to affiliate your JUG :
1. Designate a member of your JUG to serve as JUG-AFRICA Contact
2. To subscribe JUG-AFRICA Contact to the mailing list
PS : Thanks JUG-USA for the inspiration.
You need to be a member of Codetown to add comments!