Hello, my fellow villagers!
Did you know there is a project called ProSense
It's funded by European Commission's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7
and it's aim is to raise the level of research potential of researchers from WBC
(Western Balkan Countries), particularly ones from FYRO Macedonia and Serbia
with help from the EU academic institutions and companies.
The project coordinator is Dr. Srdjan Krčo (Ericsson Ireland Research Centre).
Other partners are:
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies, Macedonia
- INRIA, France
- University of Birmingham, UK
- Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- CTI, Patras, Greece
- University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
The project motto is:
"Promote, Mobilize, Reinforce and Integrate
Wireless Sensor Networking Research and Researchers:
Towards Pervasive Networking of West Balkan Countries and the EU"
The project started a year ago and it should end in March 2010.
I work as a part-time researcher at the School of Electrical Engineering
University of Belgrade, Serbia. The team that I am part of has to design two WSN use-cases
- two Personal Health applications. Also, we have to establish a course and a laboratory for WSN at ETF.
We have several SunSPOT, Shimmer and Sensinode Development Kits to play with (since few weeks).
That's it for an introduction, now go on and browse our site and get back with comments!